Latest Technology News: Today in AI: ChatGPT on Android, tool to check AI photo manipulations
Our daily TLDR of important AI stories you need to know.
OpenAI will roll out ChatGPT for Android this week; registration begins
The US-based AI company is also expected to integrate a new feature – personalized instructions – into its ChatGPT app.
- OpenAI, led by Sam Altman, has revealed that it will soon unveil the Android version of ChatGPT. On July 22, the company shared the news via a tweet. It has also provided a pre-order page on the Google Play Store to help users sign up for the install as soon as the app is ready.
- The US-based AI company is also expected to integrate a new feature – “custom instructions” – into its ChatGPT app. This will allow app users to give particular instructions and information to the chatbot.
Microsoft is testing Bing Chat on Safari and Chrome with some users
Previously, the chatbot was limited to Microsoft’s Bing browser and this change will make it accessible to a wider set of users.
- Microsoft has started rolling out Bing Chat, the company’s AI chatbot based on OpenAI’s GPT-4 model, to Apple’s Safari browser and Google’s Chrome web browser.
- Some limitations are imposed on the chatbot for Chrome and Safari. According WindowsLatest, Bing Chat on Chrome is limited to just five messages per conversation instead of 30 on Microsoft Edge. The number of characters is limited to 2000 instead of 3000 as on the Microsoft browser.
MIT’s new ‘PhotoGuard’ tool to help verify AI manipulation
PhotoGuard prevents misuse of your photos by altering an image’s pixels in a way that makes it difficult for AI to understand.
- The tool prevents misuse of your photos by altering an image’s pixels in a way that makes it difficult for AI to understand. Called “disturbances,” they are invisible to the human eye but can still be read by AI, Engadget reported.
- Although the techniques are effective, they are not yet infallible. A malicious actor could still reverse engineer the image by cropping it, flipping it, or adding digital noise to it.
Find out the latest business news, Sensex and Nifty updates. Get information on personal finance, tax matters and expert advice on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol app to stay up to date!
Also read this Article:
An Overview of Global Events in 2023
In 2023, the world witnessed a myriad of events that left a lasting impact on global affairs. From political developments and economic shifts to environmental challenges and breakthroughs in science and technology, the year was marked by significant changes and a sense of urgency for collective action. Here’s an overview of some of the latest world news in 2023.
Political Unrest and Diplomatic Strides:
In the political arena, several regions experienced unrest and geopolitical tensions. The ongoing conflict in the Middle East continued to dominate headlines, with efforts towards peace and stability remaining elusive. However, there were also moments of diplomatic breakthroughs as nations engaged in dialogues to ease tensions and work towards lasting solutions.
The global economy faced both challenges and opportunities. Trade disputes between major powers affected markets, while some countries grappled with debt crises. On the other hand, emerging economies showed resilience and promising growth, fueling optimism for a more balanced global economic landscape.
Innovation surged forward in the tech industry, with breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, renewable energy, and space exploration. Quantum computing achieved milestones, promising radical transformations across industries. Renewable energy sources gained traction, with many countries setting ambitious goals to combat climate change.
Climate Crisis and Environmental Resilience:
As the climate crisis intensified, extreme weather events wreaked havoc in various parts of the world. Wildfires, hurricanes, and floods reminded humanity of the urgent need for climate action. In response, governments and communities across the globe doubled down on efforts to reduce carbon emissions, invest in sustainable infrastructure, and protect biodiversity.
Health and Pandemic Management:
Health remained a global priority as countries continued to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. With the emergence of new variants, vaccination efforts and public health measures remained crucial to curbing the spread of the virus. There were also significant advancements in medical research and technology, offering hope for better preparedness in handling future health crises.
Sports and Cultural Milestones:
Amidst the challenges, the world found moments of joy and unity through sports and culture. International sporting events brought together athletes from diverse backgrounds, promoting solidarity and camaraderie. Cultural exchanges and celebrations showcased the richness of human diversity and fostered mutual understanding.
In conclusion, the year 2023 was a dynamic period filled with significant events that shaped the course of history. From political unrest to technological advancements and environmental challenges, the world witnessed the complexities of the global landscape. While obstacles remained, there were also encouraging developments and collaborative efforts towards a more sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for all nations. As we move forward, the lessons learned from these events serve as a reminder of the importance of collective action and cooperation to address shared global challenges.