Latest Technology News: Steam Weekly Chart: Baldur’s Gate 3 fails to go up
For the second week in a row, the RPG Baldur’s Gate 3 is one spot behind the top of the Steam sales chart. However, this time it was not Steam Deck that stopped it from taking the top spot, but one of the new products.
Pre-orders have exploded for Remnant 2, the cooperative RPG shooter from Gunfire Games and Gearbox Publishing, which is out today, July 25. Last week, the game took 21st place. As of this writing, she’s got over 500 reviews to base her rating on. 89%and rose online 61,965 User.
What else happened on the chart this week:
- The most successful new release (Remnant 2 appeared after the chart update), Pearl Abyss’ Early Access tactical combat strategy game Xenonauts 2 started from 14th place in the rankings. 74% (overall ratings – over 600) and best online rating 3479 User;
- She lost somewhat to Sad Owl Studios’ viewfinder optical illusion puzzle, she debuted in 16th place and scored 92% positive ratings (the total number of ratings is more than 1400) and the maximum number of simultaneous players that have been reached 2121;
- followed by another novelty – a simulator for the construction of alien factories Techtonica from Fire Hose Games, rated positively in 80% Reviews (over 400 reviews in total) and tightened at the top 3472 person at a time
- 18th place went to The Sims 4 Horse Ranch to mixed reviews (46% based on 172 reviews);
- Koei Tecmo Games’ turn-based RPG Nobunaga’s Ambition: Awakening, released to celebrate the series’ 40th anniversary, started from the 20th line (rating based on over 1200 reviews – 71%Online personal file 11,783 User);
- Lazy Bear Games’ battle management simulator Punch Club 2: Fast Forward (30th), the cooperative roguelite action game of Doom Turtle Ember Knights (33rd), the survival horror starring “extremely positive” reviews of John Szymanski’s My Friendly Neighborhood at #39, GameHunters’ gunsmith simulator at #58, and Ishtar Games’ medieval settlement management sim Lakeburg Legacies at #61;
- Jagged Alliance 3 tactical role-playing game didn’t stay in the top ten according to week two results it ranked 24th, but didn’t lose viewership (highlight in 24 hours 16,351 Human);
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, an action-adventure platformer formerly exclusive to PlayStation 5, which will be released on July 26 on Steam, will arrive at No. 71.
Top 10 by sales for the period from July 18 to July 25 (in brackets – the place in the previous week if the product was in the table):
- residue 2 (21);
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (2);
- Battle Bit Remastered (3);
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (5);
- steam bridge (1);
- Grand Theft Auto V (7);
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (10);
- Dave the Diver (4);
- Street Fighter 6 (17);
- rust (9).
Top 10 by revenue including shareware games:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (shareware);
- residue 2;
- Baldur’s Gate 3;
- Apex Legends (shareware);
- Hell: Bladepoint (Shareware);
- Battle Bit Remastered;
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2;
- steam deck;
- Grand Theft Auto V;
- PUBG: Battlegrounds (Shareware).
Also read this Article:
An Overview of Global Events in 2023
In 2023, the world witnessed a myriad of events that left a lasting impact on global affairs. From political developments and economic shifts to environmental challenges and breakthroughs in science and technology, the year was marked by significant changes and a sense of urgency for collective action. Here’s an overview of some of the latest world news in 2023.
Political Unrest and Diplomatic Strides:
In the political arena, several regions experienced unrest and geopolitical tensions. The ongoing conflict in the Middle East continued to dominate headlines, with efforts towards peace and stability remaining elusive. However, there were also moments of diplomatic breakthroughs as nations engaged in dialogues to ease tensions and work towards lasting solutions.
The global economy faced both challenges and opportunities. Trade disputes between major powers affected markets, while some countries grappled with debt crises. On the other hand, emerging economies showed resilience and promising growth, fueling optimism for a more balanced global economic landscape.
Innovation surged forward in the tech industry, with breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, renewable energy, and space exploration. Quantum computing achieved milestones, promising radical transformations across industries. Renewable energy sources gained traction, with many countries setting ambitious goals to combat climate change.
Climate Crisis and Environmental Resilience:
As the climate crisis intensified, extreme weather events wreaked havoc in various parts of the world. Wildfires, hurricanes, and floods reminded humanity of the urgent need for climate action. In response, governments and communities across the globe doubled down on efforts to reduce carbon emissions, invest in sustainable infrastructure, and protect biodiversity.
Health and Pandemic Management:
Health remained a global priority as countries continued to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. With the emergence of new variants, vaccination efforts and public health measures remained crucial to curbing the spread of the virus. There were also significant advancements in medical research and technology, offering hope for better preparedness in handling future health crises.
Sports and Cultural Milestones:
Amidst the challenges, the world found moments of joy and unity through sports and culture. International sporting events brought together athletes from diverse backgrounds, promoting solidarity and camaraderie. Cultural exchanges and celebrations showcased the richness of human diversity and fostered mutual understanding.
In conclusion, the year 2023 was a dynamic period filled with significant events that shaped the course of history. From political unrest to technological advancements and environmental challenges, the world witnessed the complexities of the global landscape. While obstacles remained, there were also encouraging developments and collaborative efforts towards a more sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for all nations. As we move forward, the lessons learned from these events serve as a reminder of the importance of collective action and cooperation to address shared global challenges.