The Google Pixel Watch is getting an April update along with the Pixel family of phones. Like those Pixel phone updates released this month, this one seems minor in scope and doesn’t even come with much of a changelog. Hey, I’m not the one complaining about the update – don’t get confused.
The new April update for the Pixel Watch is rolling out globally as build RWDA.230114.010.G2. Google says the update will start rolling out today.
As for new products, we have nothing to report. The official changelog for the April Pixel Watch updates simply states that “The April 2023 Software Update includes the latest security fixes for Pixel Watch users.” Yes, that’s it, though I can’t say we were expecting much after the Pixel Watch feature was dropped last month.
For those in the know, you will be able to force the update on your watch soon. We’ve been doing a little trick with Wear OS for a few years now that allows us to get updates immediately. This should work for you if you follow these steps:
- Swipe down the quick settings menu at the top of your watch and tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll all the way down to “System” and click
- Click System Updates.
- If an update is not available, start tapping the clock icon at the top of the screen.
- Keep pressing. Keep pressing. Keep tapping.
- If an update is available, it should appear and start downloading.
Another monthly update for Pixel Watch! I love to see it.